Together we EXPANDED PROGRAMMING with currently incarcerated people.
5 births | 3 abortions | 21 pregnancies
doula care | childbirth education
Mothers Among Us (MAU)
- Explored reproductive justice, contextualizing members’ stories in the oppressive system, personal healing, and organizing methods with 29 members of Mothers Among Us (MAU)
- At members’ request, we lengthened MAU sessions and doubled childbirth classes.
- Started a new class introducing PBP’s programming and the new anti-shackling law to ALL who will be incarcerated over 28 days.
With previously incarcerated people
- Pilot group with 12 members at the Watershed Sober House, a transitional home for women in recovery from substance use – one member called our group “a life line”
- Regular group to begin in October at PBP’s new office!
- Groups explore reproductive justice, oppressive systems, the history of incarceration, mutual support, creating media with personal stories, and how to lead organizing efforts.