#MamasDayAcrossBars is breaking beyond the bars by celebrating the incredible strength and courage it takes to be a mama behind the wall each day. PBP is collecting messages to share with the mamas in our programs and community. Now we are asking YOU to help us break down the isolation and build community by flooding the jail and all of our social networks with #MamasDayAcrossBars messages.
From now until May 14th!
HOW to participate in our #MamasDayAcrossBars Campaign?
- By printing this template or if more accessible, use plain paper and write a message* with marker and then take a picture of yourself holding it up.
- Post the image on your Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. and tag PBP!
Post your message right here on The Prison Birth Project website
- Use the hashtag #MamasDayAcrossBars and link us to your post!
*Tips for writing effective messages:
- Be concise. Less words are more for reading purposes.
- Print and make your words large.
- Use dark ink for your words and colors (if any) for art only.
- Notice the lighting – we want to see you and your image.
Our Social Media Handles:
- Tweet us at @prisonbirthproj
- Instagram at @prisonbirthproject
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/The-Prison-Birth-Project-199527040080727/
- Pintrest: https://www.pinterest.com/prisonbirthproj/