We are hiring!
The Prison Birth Project is hiring for the position of Doula Program Supervisor (DPS) who can work closely within the programs team to provide support for our volunteer doulas and manage the key components of the doula program. Read more…
Help build PBP – join our board!
The Prison Birth Project (PBP) is forming a board of directors and an Anti-Racism Advisory Committee. Please apply to join our leadership!
We are seeking board members for at least a 2 year commitment to help transition us into being a 501(c)(3) nonprofit and to be responsible for the organization’s administration. We are also seeking members to form an Anti-Racism Advisory Committee (ARAC). The job of the ARAC will be to hold PBP to a mission of racial justice and support us in strategically challenging and dismantling racism within the organization and throughout our work. Below is a link to the typeable PDF of our application. (Tip: download & save it to your computer to edit)
- Are you excited about the mission and work of PBP?
- Are you excited to be part of a governing body of a growing organization?
- Are you committed to reproductive justice and a world without prisons?
- Are you committed to anti-oppression and working towards being an ally for communities of which you are not a part?
- Are you willing to actively support the building of leadership of and with people traditionally marginalized in social and political movements?
- Do you have direct experience with the communities affected by the injustices PBP seeks to remedy?
Yes? Please fill out an application: Application to Join the PBP Board [pdf]
Our priority deadline has passed but we are accepting applications until all spots are filled. Please submit your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or to: Prison Birth Project, 400 Dwight St, Holyoke, MA 01040
Volunteer with PBP’s Fundraising Committee!
We plan house parties, fundraisers, and other events that will help connect PBP to the community and to potential volunteers and donors, educate people about our work, and raise funds to support our programs. There are opportunities for all different levels of involvement, from helping out for a few hours at an event, to being more heavily involved with event planning.
If you have or want to build your skills as a grassroots fundraiser, organizer, or party planner, please consider getting involved! We need your talents and expertise!